Network transformation to increase bandwidth and address the need increasingly growing in data and broadband traffic throughout Cambodia
Paris, France, March 20, 2014 - Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) and the operator Chuan Wei are to deploy Cambodia’s first 100 gigabit-per-second fiber-optic data network as the country invests further in communications infrastructure to meet increasing demand for ultra-broadband access.
With Cambodia’s economy growing at more than 7% annually, the country is becoming a key business hub for south-east Asia. In addition, business growth and strong trading agreements with Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries, coupled with a growing tourism industry, is creating significant need for increased network capacity.
Alcatel-Lucent’s provision of a 100G network to Chuan Wei will provide much-needed capacity now while paving the way for 400G capacity in the future. At the same time, this nationwide DWDM network will connect to submarine cable landing station.
- Data traffic growth in Cambodia is among the highest in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Alcatel-Lucent is building a 100G DWDM/OTN network for Chuan Wei using Alcatel-Lucent’s 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS) platform, a family designed to the latest international SD-FEC zero-touch photonics and coherent technology.
- Alcatel-Lucent Agile Optical Networking combines Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (WDM) , Optical Transport Network (OTN), and Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS)/Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) control plane intelligence to assure scalable, versatile, reliable and efficient transport at 100G and beyond.
- Eric Lee, Executive Director of Chuan Wei, said: “We recognized the need to upgrade our network to meet customer expectations for ultra-broadband connectivity and high reliability especially as it pertains to international reach through Chuan Wei’s submarine cables. We were looking for a network with significant increase in capacity, even more reliability, and a high degree of scalability to prepare our network for 400G and beyond.”
- Jean-Christophe Gaucher, Cambodia Senior Officer for Alcatel-Lucent, said: “We knew that Chuan Wei’s top priority was to provide reliability to their customers but they also wanted to offer ultra-broadband. We were able to show that we can give them a cost-effective solution that accomplishes all of their goals in a way that no one else could.”
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU)
Alcatel-Lucent is the leading IP networking, ultra-broadband access and cloud technology specialist. We are dedicated to making global communications more innovative, sustainable and accessible for people, businesses and governments worldwide. Our mission is to invent and deliver trusted networks to help our customers unleash their value. Every success has its network.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com, read the latest posts on the Alcatel-Lucent bloghttp://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Company on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent.