Big Data, in India is on a roll. The requirement for making a business decision is now shifting from hindsight-based decision making to a foresight-based approach. That the companies are banking upon Big Data and analytics is evident from an industry report by NASSCOM – in partnership with Blue Ocean Market Intelligence, that reveals the analytics market in India could more than double from the current $1 billion to $2.3 billion by the end of 2017-18.
Here are 5 Indian Big Data companies to watch out for this year:
- Sigmoid Analytics: A TechSparks 2014 company, based out of Bangalore, Sigmoid is in the area of real-time Big Data warehousing, streaming and ETL (extract, transform and load) on Apache Spark. They have a technology infrastructure which companies can use to store their data in a desired format, perform operations on it and generate insights.
- Aureus Analytics: With its platform called ASAP (Aureus Statistical and Analytics Platform) it produces insights by mining enterprise data. Aureus was founded by technology professionals Anurag Shah, Ashish Tanna and Nitin Purohit.
- Bizosys: Founders: Sunil Guttula, Abinasha Karana, Sridhar Dhulipala Team size: 9 the company’s Big Data offerings is its open source search and analytics engine, HSearch, which provides real time performance on Apache Hadoop platform. HSearch supports structured and unstructured data analytics and also semantic queries. The scale and performance of HSearch is due to its unique indexing algorithm and parallel data processing across machines, keeping the overall cost of infrastructure to the minimum
- Guavus: Big data analytics to CSPs Founder: Anukool Lakhina Team Size: 400+ employees Guavus was founded in 2006 by Anukool Lakhina, who holds a B.S., M.S. and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Boston University. The company is currently pursuing the CSP (Communications Service Provider) industry, as it believes the industry “is at the heart of the Big Data explosion.” Sharing his perspective on the trends he is witnessing in the adoption of Big Data solutions, Lakhina says that currently the company is currently seeing its telco customers just finding out what kind of data they’re actually producing and how to store and analyze that data. “We call this the crawl stage.
- PromptCloud: PromptCloud is a Bangalore-based firm dealing with Big Data solutions; where an integral part is web crawling and data extraction. Providing Data-as-a-Service Founder: Prashant Kumar Team Size: 10. The Company is about to double its customer base compared to what it had a couple of quarters back PromptCloud was started by Prashant Kumar, Comp Science graduate from IIT Kanpur and ex-Yahoo employee in 2009. Interestingly, PromptCloud was not Kumar’s conscious decision. He had launched a product in the in the consumer space in 2008 that gathered reviews from the web and sent it over SMS.